Monday, March 29, 2010

Paris Daze




PARIS.

I have had a mild obsession with this city, for quite a while now and recently have discovered that I will (finally!) be visiting this wonderful city.
Not only is Paris one of the fashion capitals of the world, it also (obviously) holds QUITE a history - in which I am tremendously interested in.
As I recently discovered, and shared with my travelling partner - caitlin and friends, the Notre Dame Cathedral is located on a man-made island on the river Seine - Ille de la Cite, which is ALSO interestingly enough, in the shape of a boat! The city can be accessed by some of the oldest bridges in France, the Ponte Neuf being one of them - built in 1603.

As an Art freak - I can't even begin to express my enthusiasm and excitement at visiting Le Louvre Museum, as it has been my dream to visit since the beginning of Grade 6 when madame trottier showed me a poster of Eugene Delacroix's painting of ' Liberty Leading the People. A painting commemorating the July Revolution of 1830 - toppling Charles X, shows a woman leading the people, holding the tricolor flag of the French Revolution in one hand. This painting also happens to be the album art on Coldplay's latest CD, Viva La Vida.

Not only does Paris hold interest for me in the history, and art regions - of COURSE it holds the most amount of interest for me in the FASHION region!!
I can't even begin to explain all the different places in which I would love to wander whilst in Paris, which is why I'm not even going to start.
But I can say one thing - as a follower of 'The Satorialist's' Blog, I can admit one thing - I am EXTREMELY intimidated by the amazing fashion sense seemingly every citizen of the city has.
HOPEFULLY though, I can learn from these wonderous fashionista's and bring back SOME knowledge to share on this little blog here!

Anyone interested in ideas for a newer 'french' look, I urge you to check out the Satorialist's blog:
www.thesatorialist.blogspot.com

Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment